Would you benefit from connecting with a mentor to foster your professional development in SCI/D practice or research?
Are you interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with an early career practitioner or student in the SCI/D field?
Join the ASCIP Mentoring Program!
Eligible Mentees: ASCIP early career members within 5 years of beginning practice OR 5 years of beginning practice in SCI. Due to differences in training programs across disciplines, eligibility forstudent participation is outlined below:
- APS: Mentees must have completed their degree and be in residency or fellowship.
- PSWC: Mentees may include any graduate student, intern, or postdoc.
- SCIN: Mentees may include any nursing student.
- TLC: Mentees must have an entry-level practice degree. Students are expected to receive appropriate mentorship during fieldwork/clinical rotations & therefore are excluded from this program.
Eligible Mentors: Any ASCIP member with greater than 5 years of experience in SCI
*If you are currently a mentor or have been a past mentor in the program, and would like to be matched with another mentee(s), no need to complete the participation survey again, simply email Raheleh Tschoepe at Raheleh_Tschoepe@med.unc.
- Mentors and mentees are matched based on career interests, mentorship goals, and communication preferences.
- Matches will be made by the end of the year.
- Participants will receive periodic emails with tips to facilitate an effective mentorship relationship.
- ASCIP’s Early Career and Trainee Support (ECATS) Committee will facilitate the mentoring relationship through the end of the year.
Questions? Contact Raheleh Tschoepe at Raheleh_Tschoepe@med.unc.