Join the ASCIP Mentoring Program!
Eligible Mentees: ASCIP early career members within 10 years of beginning practice OR 10 years of beginning practice in SCI. Due to differences in training programs across disciplines, eligibility forstudent participation is outlined below:
- APS: Mentees must have completed their degree and be in residency or fellowship.
- PSWC: Mentees may include any graduate student, intern, or postdoc.
- SCIN: Mentees may include any nursing student.
- TLC: Mentees must have an entry-level practice degree. Students are expected to receive appropriate mentorship during fieldwork/clinical rotations & therefore are excluded from this program.
Eligible Mentors: Any ASCIP member with greater than 10 years of experience in SCI
*If you are currently a mentor or have been a past mentor in the program, and would like to be matched with another mentee(s), no need to complete the participation survey again, simply email Felicia Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org that you are interested in participating again.
- Mentors and mentees are matched based on career interests, mentorship goals, and communication preferences.
- Matches will be made by the end of the year.
- Participants will receive periodic emails with tips to facilitate an effective mentorship relationship.
- ASCIP’s Early Career and Trainee Support (ECATS) Committee will facilitate the mentoring relationship through December 2018.
- To learn more about the program, you are invited to attend the ECATS Mentorship Program Breakfast at the conference. It will be held on Tuesday morning. Breakfast starting at 6:30am. Several mentors will provide mentorship tips at 7:00am with networking opportunities to follow.
Questions? Contact Felicia Skelton at email@example.com