ASCIP Conference Code of Conduct
The Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP) is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and productive environment for all participants, including ASCIP staff, at all of meetings. Every participant, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, volunteers, service providers, ASCIP staff members, and all others are expected to abide by our Conference Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all ASCIP meeting-related events.
ASCIP has zero-tolerance for any form of harassment or discrimination by anyone, including staff, participating in our meetings and events. Unacceptable behavior at our events is defined as:
- Discrimination, harassment, or intimidation in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any speaker, exhibitor, attendee, volunteer, service provider, [Association] staff member, or other meeting guest. Verbal abuse includes, but is not limited to, verbal comments related to race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, body size or physical appearance.
- Threatening or stalking any speaker, exhibitor, attendee, volunteer, service provider, ASCIP staff member, or other meeting guest.
- Inappropriate use of sexual images or nudity.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized throughout the meeting.
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any [Association] event staff.
- Display of promotional materials, job offers, special offers, solicitation for services, or product announcements in any post, chat, messages, or presentations without working with our education and sales team is not permitted. ASCIP reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Copying or taking of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the meeting space, including the meeting app and website.
If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, please inform Amy Cheatham so that appropriate action can be taken. Please note additional contact information will be added for attendees to contact during the event.
ASCIP reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. ASCIP reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.