JUST RELEASED! FY22 DOD Funding Opportunities
The Department of Defense (DOD) Spinal Cord Injury Research Program (SCIRP) recently released three funding opportunities for fiscal year 2022 (FY22). Submission is a two-step process requiring both pre-application (Deadline: May 23, 2022) and full application (Deadline: September 2, 2022). Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent) may be named by the organization as Principal Investigator (PI) on an application, an Early-Career Partnering PI option is also available for all FY22 award mechanisms. International organizations are eligible to apply.
Applications submitted to the FY22 SCIRP must address one or more of the following focus areas:
- *UPDATED FY22* Developing, testing, and validating promising interventions to address bowel, genitourinary, neuropathic pain, cardiopulmonary, or autonomic dysfunction in people with SCI
- *UPDATED FY22* Investigating psychosocial issues relevant to people with SCI, their families, and/or their care-partners
- To be responsive to this Focus Area, psychosocial issues MUST be the primary focus of the research.
- Studies addressing social isolation, loneliness, and depression, as well as resilience, self-efficacy, sexuality and intimacy, and interactions between people living with SCI and their care-partners, are especially encouraged.
- Rehabilitation and regeneration—maximizing the function of the residual neural circuitry, including harnessing neuroplasticity and recovery to improve function after SCI
- Preserving and protecting spinal cord tissue at time of injury for improved neurologic outcomes
- Identifying and validating biomarkers for diagnosis, prognosis, and for evaluation of treatment efficacies
For more information about the SCIRP or other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.army.mil). All current CDMRP funding opportunities can be accessed at https://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/prgdefault
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs
Paralyzed Veterans of America Spinal Cord Injury Research Foundation funds grants to promote innovative research to find treatments and cures for paralysis, and support efforts to improve lives of individuals with SCI/D until treatments are found. In addition, the Foundation funds SCI Fellowships to encourage young researchers to specialize in the area of spinal cord research.
Proposals are accepted in the following areas:
- Basic Science.
- Clinical Applications
- Design and Development
- Post-doctoral Fellowships
Application Period Opens: April 1, 2022
Application Period Closes: July 1, 2022
Award Notification: December 1, 2022
Grant Start Date: January 1, 2023
To apply go to https://www.pva.org/