PSWC Award Program
Essie Morgan Lecture (Formerly Essie Morgan Excellence Award 1990-2007)
This award is only given to an active member of AASCIPSW who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the areas of psychosocia ladjustment and rehabilitation of persons with SCI in service delivery, research, education, or administration. It is expected that recipients of this award will have achieved national recognition for their work as well as demonstrated leadership and scholarship in the psychosocial rehabilitation of persons with SCI.”
- The nominee has demonstrated outstanding leadership and scholarship, and is a recognized authority in the area of SCI psychosocial rehabilitation.
- The nominee has demonstrated exceptional clinical, scientific, educational, or administrative achievements in the psychosocial rehabilitation of persons with SCI.
- The accomplishments of the nominee have had a positive nationwide impact on persons with SCI.
- The achievements of the nominee are recognized by peers, professionals, or the community.
2017 Barry Nierenberg, PhD, ABPP
2016 Charles H Bombardier, PhD
2015 Jim Krause, PhD
2014 Terrie Price, PhD, ABPP
2013 Sara Klass, PhD, ABPP
2012 Cheryl Vines, MS
2011 Jonathon Rose, MS, PhD
2010 J. Scott Richards, Ph.D., ABPP
2009 Lester Butt, Ph.D., ABPP
2007 Daniel E. Rohe, PhD
2006 Lester Butt, PhD, ABPP
2005 Stephen T. Wegener, PhD, ABPP
2004 Denise G. Tate, PhD, ABPP
2003 Allen W. Heinemann, PhD, ABPP
2002 Timothy R. Elliott, PhD, ABPP
2000 Diana H. Rintala, PhD
1998 Michael E. Dunn, PhD
1995 Robert G. Frank, PhD
1994 Theresa M. Sorota, MSW, LCSW
1993 J. Scott Richards, PhD
1990 Roberta M. Trieschmann, PhD
Clinical Performance Award
Clinical Performance Award (Nominated by the ASCIP membership and voted on by the PSWC BOD)
- Nominee must have demonstrated outstanding performance in the area of clinical skill related to the psychosocial adjustment and rehabilitation of persons with SCI/D. This includes outstanding clinical contributions and expertise and exceptional performance in the nominee’s work environment as well as in the community (briefly support your nomination in your section).
- The nominee has demonstrated outstanding clinical performance in the area of SCI/D psychosocial rehabilitation.
- The accomplishments of the nominee have had a positive impact on the quality of life of persons with SCI/D in the geographic locale of the nominee.
- The achievements of the nominee are recognized by peers, professionals, or the community at large.
- The nominee has fostered cooperation and mutual support among SCI/D rehabilitation professionals.
2018 Trisha Hicks, LSW, MEd
2017 Maggi Budd, PhD, MPH, ABPP
2016 Mitch Tepper, PhD, MPH
2015 Stan Ducharme, PhD
2014 Heather Russell, PhD
2013 Samuel A. Gordon, PhD
2012 Daniel Rohe, PhD, ABPP (Rp)\
2011 Toby Huston, Ph.D.
2010 Linda Mona, Ph.D.
2008 Catherine Wilson, PsyD, ABPP (Rp)
2007 Sara Klaas, MSW
2005 Irby D. Ferguson, MSW, ACSW
2004 Sigmund Hough, Ph.D., ABPP
2002 Rose C. Griggs, MSW, LMSW
2001 Janice E. Wiley, MSSW, LMSW, ACP
2000 Mary Lee Pons, MSW
1999 Judith E. Gordo, MSW, LCSW
1998 Lester Butt, Ph.D.
1997 Hugh B. Taylor, MSW, LCSW
1994 Ben Hollis, MSW, LCSW