SCIN Award Program
Staff Nurse Award for Excellence
This award is given to an SCIN nursing member and role model in providing competent and compassionate nursing care to individuals with SCI.
- Member of ASCIP nursing section
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical performance in SCI/D care, as evidenced by: Knowledge and expertise in SCI /D nursing practice and creativity in nursing care to individuals with SCI/D and supporting significant others.
- Collaborate with health care professionals in providing optimal care.
- Provide statement by nominator in the Nursing Section including: Position Description (Brief description of current job responsibilities and history of care for individuals with SCI/D)
- Knowledge and Expertise in SCI/D nursing practice: Knowledge of advances and trends in SCI/D nursing practice and serves as a role model.
- Creativity: Demonstration of creativity in providing nursing care to individuals with SCI and supporting significant others in daily nursing practice as demonstrated by teaching health maintenance techniques for reintegration into the community, using current nursing standards and clinical research findings, and exhibiting compassion and going beyond the call of duty.
- Collaboration with health care professionals or team members to provide optimal care.
Staff Nurse Award Recipients
2018 Matthew Kingsbury, BS, RN, CCRN
2017 William Caldwell, RN
2016 Mary Zales, RN
2015 Anna Mae Baniqued, RN, BSN, CRRN
2014 Anna Marie Bautista, RN
2013 Norma I. Smith, RN, AD
2012 Joanne Law, MSN, CNL, RN
2011 Michael Samogala, RN, CRRN
2010 Jane Jordan, RN, BSN
2007 Elma Padios RN
2006 Anne Lyons
2005 Rupert M. Smith, RN
2004 Kathleen E. Aubertin, LPN
2003 Paula A. Strangeland, RN, CCRN
2002 Karen Denise Smith, BSN, RN
Expanded Role for Excellence in Nursing
This award is given to a SCIN member who is a role model in an expanded nursing role. The award was designed to represent the new millennium with a new focus on the expanded role of the professional nurse. Examples include case manager, consultant, researcher, manager, administrator, clinical nurse specialist, educator and nurse practitioner.
- Member of ASCIP nursing section
- Nominee must be an RN in an expanded role that contributes to SCI/D nursing practice.
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical performance in SCI/D care, as evidenced by.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in SCI/D nursing practice.
- Provide creativity in nursing care to individuals with SCI/D and professional support to others.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals in providing optimal care to achieving excellence in the health care of persons with SCI/D.
- Provide statement by nominator in the nursing section including:
- Position Description: Brief description of current job responsibilities and history of care for SCI/D.
- Knowledge and Expertise in SCI/D nursing practice: Knowledgeable of advances and trends in SCI/D nursing practice and demonstrates strong clinical, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Creativity: Demonstrations of creativity in contributions to the nursing care for individuals with SCI/D and their significant others.
- Collaboration with other health care professionals or team members to provide optimal care
Expanded Role for Excellence in Nursing Award Recipients
2018 Cissi Oloomi, MSN, APRN, CNS-BC, FNP, CNRN, CRRN
2017 Wendy Worden, APRN, CNS, MS, CCRN
2016 Linda Madaris, DNP, ARNP-C, CRRN, NEA-C
2015 Valerie Rodriguez-Yu, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, CRRN, CMSRN
2014 Susan Pejoro, RN, MSN, GNP-BC
2013 Mary Susan Biggins, MBA, RN, CRRN
2012 Diedre Bricker, MSN, RN, CRRN
2010 Patricia Reisinger, RN, CRRN, FNP-BC
2007 Antonia Garrett
2006 Billie Anne Massie RN, C BS
2004 Yolanda Gertsch-Lapcevic, MN,
2003 Patricia A. Tuccitto, RN, CRRN
2002 Diane M. Hartwig, MS, RN, CS-ACNP, CRRN
2001 Nancy Lewis, MSN, RN, CRRN